Installing The Zcoin Wallet
Installation of the Zcoin Wallet varies from device to device and has different steps and variations of file paths depending on the operating system. The Zcoin Wallet is currently supported officially on Linux, Windows, and Mac.
The simplest way to setup the Zcoin wallet on Windows outside of building from source is using the precompiled executable available on the Zcoin github. You can also download the latest version of the Zcoin executable installer for the wallet here.
Here is a video demonstrating the Windows installation process:
For additional resource, here is a step by step follow through of the process.
- Go to Zcoin.io and click the Download button then click the Windows icon.
- Download the Zip file
- Extract the Zip files contents (the Wallet executable) in your desired location
- Run executable file zcoin-qt.exe
- You may get a antivirus warning (false positive) which you can ignore or create an exception for.
- The first time you run the wallet it will take time to synchronize
For Linux it is recommended to build from source. During the Zcoin installation process for linux you will need to install some prerequisites. Here is a video demonstrating the process:
Here is the step by step process for the Zcoin installation on Linux (specified example is ubuntu here)
- Open Terminal (CTRL-ALT-T on most installs)
- Input this line by line or as a blockquote
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev sudo apt install libminiupnpc-dev sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev git clone https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin.git cd zcoin ./autogen.sh ./configure make cd src/qt ./zcoin-qt
Installing Zcoin on Mac is a relatively concise process.
- Go to the Zcoin Downloads Page
- Click the latest version of the .DMG file
- Once the DMG file has been downloaded double click it
- It will create a file called Zcoin Core
- Move this file to the applications folder
- Run this file to start the Zcoin file (click the file)
Sending Zcoin can be done using the Send tab on the Zcoin wallet.
Enter the address, the amount and optionally the label.
You can receive Zcoin by going to the Receive tab on the wallet and inputting a label and optionally an amount receivable and then proceed to click the request payment button.
Backing Up a Zcoin Wallet
Click the File Tab and click backup wallet:
Restoring a Zcoin Wallet
Restoring a wallet is primarily the same process, however, there are some minor differences in file path depending on your operating system. Here is an example of Windows. Copy and paste your backup file into your appdata, delete your old Wallet.dat and rename the copy of your backup to wallet.dat