- Sigma testnet launched
- Identified issues on invalidateblock, disconnect block and corrupt sigma global state in some cases and working on fixes
- Discussion on whether to have Sigma spend limit to limit damage in case of hacks. Unlike now which is a setting which miners can control, to lock it down on consensus layer. To look into a limit based on number of Zcoin spent instead of number of spends.
- Discussion on whether to have two more denominations one between 1 and 10 and another between 10 and 100. Reduces anonymity but increases flexibility and reduces load. To use knapsack probem calculations to determine optimum denomination.
- Minor display issues in client
- Zcoin daemon needs to be updated to show sigma mint/spend amounts to enable easier parsing for Insight/explorer.
- Refactoring work continues
- Special thanks to Mintpond for setting up testnet mining pool.
- HD Mints allow easier porting of Sigma mints without requirement to back up exact wallet.dat
- Work complete undergoing review.
- Changed hashing algorithm to match Bitcoin’s derivation
- To look into BIP44 compatibility
- Shared Dmitry Khovratovich’s ideas on fixing Zerocoin to the working group
- Tool to convert existing unspent Zerocoin mints to Sigma mints is complete and working on writing unit tests this week
Deterministic Masternodes and Core Upgrade
- Deterministic masternode upgrade and core upgrade to 0.14 stalled temporarily because of work on Zerocoin mint conversion tool.
- Probably another 2 weeks out after Zerocoin mint conversion tool done, then merge Sigma into it.
- Aim deployment after Sigma release
- Will hold off on 0.18 upgrade as Themis smart contract layer requires 0.14 as well
- Company wishes to develop Thai Baht stable token on Exodus token layer
- Thai team to assist with easier GUI and API to enable easier usage of Exodus.
- All cryptographic libraries finished and ready for review
- Once Sigma deployment is complete, to divert resources for Lelantus
- Recently mentioned by Dr Sarang Noether in his monthly Monero research report
- Development stalled due to Sigma syncing issues
- Code cleanup while waiting and to ease the way for light wallet support
- New CPU miner released with now up to 9.2KH/s/thread using AVX2 instruction optimizations
- To look deeper into proposal to reduce MTP proof sizes by using bulletproofs