This is our development update for 7 Jan 2019. Note that developers had taken a break and are just coming back after the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- djm34 finalizing reference Nvidia miner to solve some remaining bugs.
- Open source efficient AMD miner behind schedule due to ccminer tweaking. Likely to be competitive with Nvidia mining.
- MTP academic research to relook into Q2, more pressing priorities right now.
- Acknowledgement again to JCThePants work with Mintpond and open sourcing his work that enabled smooth MTP launch with pools.
Bitcoin Core Upgrade
- Petr has an almost working version of Bitcoin Core 0.17 with Zcoin changes (working while on holiday). Extensive testing is still required.
- Team decided to go ahead with Segwit mainly because MalFix and FlexTrans are not well tested and no glaring drawbacks beyond it being complicated.
- Easier to merge Bitcoin core with Segwit
- Will be a soft fork.
- Sigma development going well and unit tests are passing individually but for some reason when done together they fail.
- Discussion of denominations and reminting change mechanism to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sigma was coded to be similar in structure to existing Zerocoin code to allow easy upgrading to Bitcoin Core 0.17 because it was developed with 0.13
- Team is more comfortable releasing Sigma first (which requires hard fork) and then later putting in core upgrade in separate release which is a soft fork.
- Putta, Panu and Maria are now all assisting with Sigma unit tests.
- Discussion on transition to continue allow Zerocoin spends (no time limit) but to stop new Zerocoin mints some time after Sigma is activated.
- GUI components to be worked on
- Next version of internal release will be done this week.
- In a state that can be distributed among community members and ambassadors to get feedback
- Znode window and settings window are done
- Qt wallet to be maintained alongside
- Work to rebase Electrum wallet with new electrum wallet code is underway and almost working
- Insight improvements
- Integration work to Trust wallet to begin. To assess amount of work required.
Next-gen privacy protocol Lelantus
- Will begin following up with cryptographers next week as they come back from their holidays to give feedback on paper
- Work to begin implementing bullet proofs portions has begun