This is our development update for 3 Dec 2018
- Zcoin 13.7.4 set to be released in next few days after pull request is approved. Passing all unit tests. Can be tested on sync_fix branch.
- Syncing speed has almost the same speed as reindex.
- Important for roll out as otherwise data will be rapidly consumed.
- Stratum support for Nvidia miner is released
- Cpuminer linux compilation fixed.
- AMD miner target in 2 weeks.
- Multi-GPU / shared memory pad will be looked at after AMD miner
MTP Insight Explorer
- To add further rich list and supply functionality to explorer.
- Bugs found in some address balances have been resolved.
- Note that most explorers did not count additional Zerocoin supply resulting in lower reported circulating supply figures.
- C++ stand-alone module for verification of MTP needs to be developed. Work has commenced.
- MTP Electrumx is fully working and to be deployed on both testnet and mainnet
- Electrum wallet client currently doesn’t deal with variable header size (to be fixed).
HD Wallet Backup
- BIP39 support to be worked on by Tadhg as a pre requisite for BIP47 payment codes support.
- Briefly explored BIP75 again but noted that there are privacy risks.
- Sigma wallet integration basic implementation will be completed by end of week.
- Unit tests converted from Gtests to Boost.
- Panu and Putta will continue writing unit tests.
- Batch verification method to be worked on after. Expected to be able verify 100 spends in the same speed as 2 spends provided in same accumulator making slow verification not too big an issue.
- Pre-computing spends results in maybe 2x speed saving but to assess whether to implement straight away.
Next-gen privacy protocol
- Target release of paper to public mid December 2018. Formal proofs completed.
- Preliminary code for benchmarking available.