This is our development update for 28 Jan 2019.
- Sigma is now syncing and working version is ready
- Unit and integration tests being written
- GUI updates for Sigma being coded
- Deterministic mints are being worked on
- Sigma testnet to be launched next week
Bitcoin Core Upgrade
- Direct upgrade from 0.13 to 0.17 proved difficult due to major changes in architecture
- Completed upgrade to 0.14 instead and has a working version
- To complete patching to 0.17 by end of week
- Segwit portions to be looked at.
- Bugs found when picking blockchain location, identified problem
- New builds available in 1-2 days.
- Shifted to low priority until core upgrade is complete since it will need to be rebased
- To conduct testing of functionality
- First release of sgminer for AMD is up. Promising early performance with 2.7 MH for Vega 64 and 1.7 MH for RX580. Still has quite a few bugs and hope to complete by end of week.
- Blockbook integration is complete and rebase to new code.
- Unconfirmed balance bug fixed
- Rebase of Electrum client continuing
Next-gen privacy protocol Lelantus
- Bulletproofs library implemented
- Working on optimizing range proofs for bullet proofs with Andrew Poelstra’s improvements
- Working code expected to be today or tomorrow
- Next step is to batch the range proofs.
- Ongoing discussion on governance models here.
- To look into other project’s governance models for e.g. Decred, MakerDAO, quadratic voting etc